In this video, I will walk you through basic AMPscript setup and the use of the ProperCase function. I'll be using a common scenario including personalization within an email when subscriber data from the system of record is not formatted.
PREPARATION FOR VIDEO
- Access to your ExactTarget account
- Access to a list or data extension (subscriber data storage methods within ExactTarget)
- Access to a test email with an empty content area (create this in advance if needed)
- Ensure Advanced Content Creation is turned on for your user in Account Settings.
- Login to your account
- Select "Settings" in the upper right corner of the homepage
- Ensure "Use Advanced Email Creation Tools" is set to "Yes"
- Edit and save your changes if needed
You can not always count on the format the subscriber data in your system of record. In this example, our subscriber has a Full_Name that is formatted in all lowercase. That results in personalization presenting exactly what it finds:
The data extension is populated with our subscriber's Full_Name:
What I will demonstrate is the use of AMPscript to apply consistant send-time modification to all subscriber records in order to display Full_Name properly.